The trend of moving communications to the cloud has many incentives, the most enticing of which is saving money. After all, businesses of all sizes and in all industries are interested in saving money. Below are four ways that cloud communications will save you money.
1. No installation fees – Right from the start, your company will save money. Because cloud communications is off-site, there will be no installation of equipment or hardware.
2. No maintenance fees – Similar to no installation fees, cloud communications products do not necessitate maintenance or upgrades as an on-site service would. Maintenance will be taken care of by your provider.
3. No extra IT costs – Cloud communications are simple and easy to manage, so your current IT department will suffice. There is no need for a dedicated administrator or personnel with special expertise.
4. No downtime losses – Continuity is one of the prime benefits of cloud communications. Your hosted solution will not be effected by your local weather, power outages, or other complications. Redundancy should prevent any downtime all together.
With four ways to start saving money, now is the time to move to Cloud Communications. Visit our website or contact us for more information today.
There is no doubt that many, maybe even most, businesses are moving to the cloud. But the decision to move to the cloud is not the final choice to be made; companies must choose a type of architecture – multi-tenant or dedicated.
To understand the difference between the two, we can compare them to housing. A dedicated solution is like a home that you own – the whole thing is yours and yours alone. But a multi-tenant solution is like an apartment building that you rent a part of while the rest of the structure is shared.
Of course either scenario has its benefits and drawbacks. But multi-tenant architecture has many benefits that can be marketed to your customers.
First, the cost of multi-tenant is less than dedicated. From the up-front investment to the upkeep to the IT expertise needed, multi-tenant is a better option for companies with a small budget or interest in cost-effectiveness.
Second, multi-tenant is a more flexible solution. It is easily scalable and the owner can quickly and easily add features, do updates, or enhance service for all tenants.
Multi-tenant solutions are particularly appealing to start-ups that will appreciate the price and the built-in support system.
With each new technological advance, the cloud becomes bigger and better. Here are just five of its many benefits:
1. Scalability – Our favorite advantage of the Cloud is how it facilitates growth. Whether scaling up or down, the Cloud makes it quick and easy to add and remove extensions from anywhere with Internet.
2. Costs – As with most modern technology, the Cloud decreases up-front and long-term costs. From no hardware investments to low maintenance costs, the Cloud is budget-friendly.
3. Disaster recovery – Because all data is stored virtually and off-site, disaster recovery is essentially seamless. Physical or hardware problems will not affect service or data.
4. Mobility – The Cloud is highly flexible and available anywhere with an Internet connection. Mobile apps like gloCOM GO can put your entire telephony solution in the palm of your hand.
5. Productivity – Finally, the Cloud caters to efficiency by making telephony streamlined and simple. Users can focus on customers and sales without giving a second’s thought to the telephony solution.
Regardless of how many times we write about the benefits of VoIP, it is always worth pointing out more. VoIP is a game-changer for almost all types of companies and organizations, but only if you recognize its benefits and use it to its full potential.
One such benefit of VoIP, particularly cloud-based VoIP, is integration. The first step to Unified Communications, VoIP can integrate with many or all of your other applications.
Seamless integration saves on time and money and boosts productivity and efficiency. Everyone from the smallest business to the largest enterprise can benefit from a more cohesive and synergistic solution.
Bicom Systems VoIP products are built to integrate natively. PBXware for telephony, TELCOware for provisioning, and SERVERware as a foundation work together seamlessly, especially when tied together by gloCOM, our desktop and mobile communicator app. Learn more on our website.
We talk about “THE CLOUD” all the time, but what exactly does that mean? Like clouds themselves, “the cloud” is something beyond our reach that we may not understand completely.
By definition, the cloud is a network of servers that are hosted by a third-party and can be accessed from anywhere via the Internet.
So cloud communications are any communication services and applications that are hosted by a third-party and accessed via Internet.
Cloud telephony is rapidly replacing traditional telephony and has many benefits to business. From price to features to scalability, cloud or hosted are great options for all kinds of businesses and organizations.
Learn about a real Cloud Communications solution on our products page.